About the Project:
WeCode is an intensive training Bootcamp project implemented by Rwanga Foundation to remotely train youth in KRI with software development skills and provide adequate technical and soft skills to WeCode participants so that they qualify to land their first job as junior software developers. This project consists of different stages. First, a market assessment has been conducted to identify the skillsets needed in the technology companies operating in KRI. Then, through the training Bootcamp of WeCode, the selected youth would be trained on the technical and soft skills requested by the companies. At the final stage, WeCode’s graduates (after receiving complete training) would be introduced to the leading IT and technology companies to be able to work in this sector and take this career path.
Goal of the Project
WeCode aims to help the youth develop their technical coding proficiency parallel with their soft skills to enable them transition into a career in software development in Kurdistan Region – Iraq.
To obtain this objective, WeCode focuses on developing two sets of skills parallel to each other:
First: Technical Skills (UX/UI Design)
Send: Soft Skills (Communications, Teamwork, job hunting, Interview skills, … ).
Time and important dates
1. Online Information Session (September 5, 2021)
2. Registration opens (September 6, 2021)
3. Registration closes (September 20, 2021)
4. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via Email
5. Bootcamp’s participants would be announced via Email (September 23, 2021)
6. kick-off date (October 3, 2021)
7. Training period (12 Weeks) Until (December 26, 2021)
8. Bootcamp Graduation (TBA)
Criteria for applying
· Age: 16-35 years.
· Basic English Speaking - the applicant will be evaluated during interview.
· IT background - Basic HTML, CSS, JS knowledge.
· Education level – Undergraduates, fresh graduates (especially those who are unemployed)
Click here to APPLY
For more information about WeCode, contact us at
Phone number: +964 (750) 293 0222